Assistant Site Director (OPRF)
Assistant Site Director – Early Childhood Education Program @ Oak Park and River Forest High School
The Assistant Site Director for the RFCC Early Childhood Education program at Oak Park and River Forest High School (OPRFHS) must have the ability to work in a customer service based organization and assist the Site Director with the planning and supervision of the early childhood education programs of a multi–dimensional recreation agency. The early childhood education programs of the River Forest Community Center at the OPRFHS site include early care and learning programs for infants, toddlers, and preschool age children under the age of six.
The River Forest Community Center‘s child care site at OPRFHS currently operates during the school year (approximately 10 months per year) with the starting and ending date based on the annual school calendar for OPRFHS. The Assistant Site Director‘s position is a school year position.
The successful candidate must be able to effectively lead and motivate staff and effectively communicate with parents, staff and potential program participants. Must be able to facilitate the effective development and operation of the early childhood education program, maintain parent satisfaction and undertake projects and research topics as required. Must have the ability to work directly with the Site Director of Early Childhood Program at OPRFHS and other staff members, the Executive Director, and at times, the Board of Governors. The position requires the ability to work independently and exercise judgment and initiative.
- Background and/or experience in the development and planning of Early Childhood Education programs.
- Minimum of three years of previous child care and administrative experience required.
- Must have the ability to supervise staff and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Prefer degree in Early Childhood Education or related field with Food Sanitation certification.
- Must be able to meet all requirements set forth by the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS) and ExceleRate Illinois early childhood quality improvement program.
Immediate Supervisor: Site Director of RFCC Early Childhood Education Program at OPRFHS
A complete job description is available from the River Forest Community Center.
Cindy Galason, Site Director of RFCC Early Childhood Programs at OPRFHS River Forest Community Center 8020 Madison Street River Forest, IL 60305 (708) 434-3192 or the main RFCC office at (708) 771-6159. Email: email@example.com
June 28, 2019
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, credentials and grade transcripts by the closing date.